Please sign in to post.

Which hotel in Lauterbrunnen Valley for My Way Alpine Tour Sept 7 - Sept 18, 2015?

Where is our group staying in Lauterbrunnen Valley? At the end of the tour I would like to go back there for a couple more days. I need to contact the hotel/chalet to reserve a room. Thank you.

Posted by
244 posts

You should contact the tour department. They are very helpful. I don't think they stay at the same hotel each trip. Would love to hear about your trip when you return. We are thinking about this tour next year.

Posted by
49 posts

Yes, this question was meant for the people in the know (i.e., the tour department). I hope they're reading this. Hello, helpful folks at the tour department. Would you please tell us which hotel we're staying in during the Lauterbrunnen Valley leg of our My Way Alpine Tour (Sept 7 - Sept 18, 2015)? Thank you for your help.

Posted by
2252 posts

You can call them or send an email to the Tour Department. Those contact details should be with the tour information you have already received. May be a quicker reply than hoping one of the monitors sees your post. I, too, have found them always wonderfully helpful with any questions or problems I need addressed before a tour.

Posted by
32173 posts

jo,

The contact details for the tour department can be accessed using the "Contact Information" link on the bottom left of this page. While some of the staff members do check the Forum, the quickest way to get an answer to your question would be to contact them directly. You'll receive a list of all your hotels about a month prior to your tour.

Posted by
15560 posts

My tour stayed at the Oberland. There's one main street with several hotels. All would be as well located. The Oberland has an annex and some of the tour members stayed there. I don't know if the rooms were equivalent to the ones in the main building. If you book there, you may want to insist on a room in the main building.

Posted by
7209 posts

Why don't you "contact" them for a reservation while you're there?

Posted by
49 posts

Tim, if I wait until we're actually there during the tour (to make the reservation for my return visit within a few days), wouldn't that be pushing my luck? Or are there a lot of openings in the area in the middle of September?

Everyone, I appreciate you all for trying to help.

Posted by
8261 posts

If you are returning to the area, consider staying in Murren. There is a difference between staying in the valley and staying higher up. Why not experience both? I can highly recommend the Hotel Jungfrau in Murren.

Posted by
32173 posts

jo,

I wouldn't suggest waiting until you're there to make a reservation, as September can be busy in that part of Switzerland. My preference would be to get a reservation as early as possible.

It would be a good idea to contact the tour department to find out where in the Lauterbrunnen Valley you'll be staying. From what I've seen, the tours use Lauterbrunnen a lot of the time but some groups have also stayed in Stechelberg. Which location to choose for your post-tour stay will depend on what you want to do while there. If you're planning to tour both sides of the valley, Lauterbrunnen is a better location as it's the transportation hub and provides easy access to both sides of the valley.

Posted by
32523 posts

When we stayed at the Jungfrau hotel in Muerren a couple of years ago we were joined at breakfast by a GAS tour.

Posted by
111 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Bellevue in Murren in September 2013 and loved it. Gorgeous views of the Jungfraujoch from their deck and Oti (the proprietor) was very helpful in giving us directions on hiking trails. While we were there, and if it matters, one of Rick's tours ate dinner at the Bellevue. Oti said this happens every year.

Posted by
2094 posts

Hi Jo, we stayed at the Hotel Jungfrau in Murren on the GAS tour in 2010. Great hotel, great location, great views, great food. Call the tour office for the specifics of your tour. Plan on having a wonderful time!

Posted by
81 posts

Hi Jo
My husband & I are also returning to the Lauterbrunnen Valley after the Sept 14 th "My Way Tour".
I phoned the tour dept & they told me we would be staying in Lauterbrunnen on the tour so we decided to stay in Murren when we return (after reading all the wonderful posts about it on this forum). Why not experience a little different perspective? I booked a room at the Bellevue Hotel by contacting them directly by email some weeks ago and feel I got a good rate.

Posted by
310 posts

HI! My husband and I are also going on the Sept.14 My Way Best Of Europe Tour! I have been planning this trip since before the new tours came out last year. We only have about 8 weeks to go!! I never thought it would get here but now it's coming too fast! I keep waiting for the tour to fill up!!

Posted by
4406 posts

jo_pie,if you'd repost this thread under RS Tours, the Tour Department has stated elsewhere that they DO monitor that question category!

Posted by
797 posts

Why do you have to stay at the same hotel?? There are a number of good hotels in Lauterbrunnen. Right off hand, while the Oberland is nice, the hotel Staubach is also great. Just go to Booking.com, check out the options and book a room.

Posted by
1 posts

Hi Lynne and Chriss,

My husband and I are also going on the Sept 14 My Way Best of Europe tour. So excited we've been waiting a long time for this!

Lynne---did the tour dept tell you which hotel we were staying at in Lauterbrunnen?

Posted by
7209 posts

Don't be confined tour your original RS hotel. Heck, don't even be confined to Lauterbrunnen. Get up and about. Venture to Gimmelwald, Murren, Wengen, etc on your own. It's super easy and the whole place is just designed to accommodate tourists.

Posted by
81 posts

Hi Trisha
I didn't ask which hotel in Lauterbrunnen as I only wanted to know which town we were staying in but we are taking the " My Way Alpine Europe Tour " on Sept 14 th not the " My Way Best of Europe Tour" so it may not have been the same hotel as your tour anyway.

Hope you have a great trip!
Lynne