Please sign in to post.

Trip insurance

Recommendations on trip insurance would be appreciated. We started reading the information and finding some things confusing.
Have others found it beneficial?

Posted by
1819 posts

I use RoamRight. I have only had a small claim so far, but it was handled promptly and efficiently. I mainly get it for the health insurance aspect as I am of Medicare age, but it gives me confidence also that if I have to cancel due to an emergency I will not lose my investment.

Posted by
930 posts

absolutely - my brother was killed in a car accident here in USA while my husband and I were in Europe - you NEVER expect an emergency. You could get injured over there, have a death in the family, your appendix could rupture one day before you leave, you could get in a wreck, ANYTHING can happed. You can do a 'search' for this as it's discussed often here. We are fortunate to be able to get USAA, but if you can't use them, AAA also has a good policy. Also, check out insuremytrip.com -- Allianz, TravelGuard, Travel Insured are all great

Posted by
265 posts

I have always gotten it but never had to use it. Gives me peace of mind. I have traveled when parents were elderly, and we never knew when something could happen.