Hi friendly folks,
First post to the forum and looking for some of your fabulous tips and guidance for my soon-to-be-wife's and my upcoming honeymoon in June!
Arrive morning of June 2 in Zurich. Leave morning of June 15 from Florence.
Only our second time to Europe. First time was to Paris and then through Normandy (Rouen, Eretrat, Bayeux, Arromanches les bains). We're both very much into nature, simple elegance, and hidden gems. Our main goal for the trip is to get a sizable taste of both the Swiss Alps and northern Italian cuisine and culture. We'll be traveling by train in Switzerland and hopefully in Italy too, but may rent a car.
The Plan So Far:
- June 2 - Train from Zurich to Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen
- June 3 - 5 - Lauterbrunnen (thinking we can go to both Murren and Wengen from the valley)
- June 6 - Travel Lauterbrunnen to Interlaken to Spiez (here's where things get interesting) to Stresa for one night
- June 7 - Travel from Stresa to Genoa (mainly for fooooood)
- June 8 - 10 - Liguria/Genoa, not sure where but thinking day trips to multiple towns
- June 11 - Travel to Tuscany (mainly for food and wine)
- June 12 - 14 - Tuscany not certain where yet, thinking we pick up a rental car (hire car?) and take in all of the hill towns
- June 15 - Flight home
My questions for RS experts
Does this plan seem feasible? Are we missing out on anything that we shouldn't given the time allotted and our hopes to get at least a taste of both countries? Is Stresa unnecessary or a potential "back door"? Any recommendations on where to stay in Genoa or Tuscany given prime time seasonality of our trip?
Any help is much appreciated. If nothing else, thanks for letting me get all my thoughts onto paper!