Please sign in to post.

train travel

Do the trains run on Christmas day in Switzerland?? We are leaving Zurich on the 25th to Strasburg. If not running suggestions on how to travel to Strasburg on the 25th. Thanks

Posted by
37 posts

European trains run 365 days a year. Yes, you can go from Zurich to Strasbourg on Christmas Day. Have you look at the website for Swiss trains? SBB.ch

I see several train options that are about 3 hours or a little less from Zurich to Strasbourg. One or two train changes depending on itinerary chosen.

Posted by
1655 posts

Trains would be pretty pointless if they didn't run every day. So yes, of course they run on Christmas. Basically on holidays they run as on Sundays, But in Switzerland the same schedule runs pretty much every day anyway.

Posted by
19092 posts

I can't speak from experience about trains on Christmas day, but in 2001, I arrived at FRA on December 26 and took an ICE to Karlsruhe. December 26 is a major holiday, the 2nd day of Christmas, in Germany, and the trains were running, and packed.

You can check the schedule for Switzerland on the Swiss Rail or German Rail (yes, for Switzerland) websites.