Please sign in to post.

Train help

We travel in 2 weeks! We are going from Gimmelwald to Venice. Per advice from this forum, I booked advanced train tickets from Spiez to Venice. However, in fine tuning my plans, it looks like we’d be back tracking from Interlaken to Spiez, just to get on the train there. Can we just wait at interlaken and get on the EuroCity there? (Our tickets are Spiez-Milan, Milan-Venezia Santa Lucia)

Also, traveling around the area, all we should need are Berner Oberland passes, I think. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Except for the specialty trains.
Questions on this:
Where do we get the BernerOberland passes?
Which of the specialty trains would fit best with our 4 days at the end of this month?

We have 1 night in Murren &3 in Gimmelwald. What are the must do’s? We are on our honeymoon & my husband wants to do the hang-gliding thing he keeps seeing on Instagram. Thanks so much for your input!

Posted by
6460 posts

However, in fine tuning my plans, it looks like we’d be back tracking
from Interlaken to Spiez, just to get on the train there. Can we just
wait at interlaken and get on the EuroCity there? (Our tickets are
Spiez-Milan, Milan-Venezia Santa Lucia)

I don't know what you've booked, but the answer is probably no. I'd be very surprised if the train to Milan stops at Interlaken. I assume you're planning to take the Bern-Milan Eurocity and Spiez is the easiest station to get to where that train stops.

Posted by
32905 posts

there are no trains from Interlaken Ost or West which go south towards Italy. If they go east they go to Luzern where you could change for a train towards Italy.

The trains going west go to Spiez where some go towards Montreux but most go to Bern and Basel and towards Zurich. A few go to Germany and fewer go to France.

At Spiez you can change onto trains to all points including the EC Eurocity trains to Milan (Milano Centrale) where you can change to the trains to Venice (Venezia Santa Lucia).

Posted by
84 posts

Aahhh! Thank you Badger & Nigel. 😉