Hello and Thank you in advance to Everyone.
I'm planning 7 days in Switzerland this year with my husband. Our ideal is the Jungfrau as a base but have outstanding issues to resolve:
1) I want to visit Martigny in the Valais during that week to hopefully have a walk with the St. Bernards.
2) My husband prefers to rent a car for the week to more easily get around and visit Martigny - we plan to fly into Geneva or Zurich.
3) If we rent a car it means we'd have to pay to park it in Lauterbrunnen because we hope to stay in Wengen.
4) How easy would it be to get to Martigny/Fondation Barry via train?
5) Should we just rent a car in Bern for a day trip to Martigny?
Would it be simpler to just:
1) Give up on having a car? or,
2) Find someplace to stay between the Jungfrau and the Valais?
Has anybody else tried to do this?