Please sign in to post.

Thank You!

My family recently returned from a trip to Switzerland - it was Amazing! I just wanted to say "thank you" to those who responded to my questions as well as others who posted their own questions on here as well. We were able to travel well prepared due to everyone's help on this site.

Posted by
32212 posts

You're very welcome! It's great to hear that you had such a nice time. It is an amazing country!

Posted by
11335 posts

Do tell us what you did, what you loved most, maybe what could have been better? A Trip Report filed in that section of the Forum could help others.

Posted by
34 posts

We spent 5 days in Luzern and stayed at the Hotel Des Alps which was a wonderful location right by the Chapel Bridge. We visited the Swiss Transport Museum (everyone loved all the interactive exhibits), day trip to Gruyere by train, Jesuit Church,sunset boat cruise, and just enjoyed exploring all the shops. An added bonus was the Luzerner Fest with music ...fun for our teens and twenty-somethings. Then we traveled to Lauterbrunnen for 5 days...absolutely beautiful area! Stayed at the Hotel schutzen...beautiful views of the waterfall. Went to the Jungfrau, Piz Gloria, Ballenburg Open Air Museum (allow a full day for this), Schlinge Platte (got to blow an alphorn which was on my bucket travel list!), and kids did some hiking. We loved all the area and used Swiss Travel Passes for our stay - well worth the money to not stop and buy tickets everytime we wanted to ride the train, bus or boats. It also covered many of the museums we visited.

Posted by
383 posts

Glad you enjoyed your trip! And that the Luzerner Fest was a bonus rather than a hassle :) Luzern always has something going on for all ages and interests!