Please sign in to post.

switzerland skiing March 2025

Hi all,

Family of 4, 2 teenagers want to ski a little in switzerland. Average skiers, any recommendations would be appreciated. Zermatt for a week seems the easy answer. Best stay being hotel or farm? Just searching for anything for a week, i guess.

Thank you,
Darren

Posted by
20942 posts

Don't think they have farm stays in Zermatt, it is a very high end resort. There are many big international ski resorts in Switzerland, and lot more smaller less expensive areas. I'll be there in January.

The biggies:
Zermatt
Berner Oberland (Grindelwald, Wengen, & Muerren)
Davos-Klosters
St Moritz
Engelberg
Andermatt
Crans-Montana
Verbier
Flims-Laax

Posted by
592 posts

Are you set on Switzerland? As Sam notes, even within that domain, there are lots of
choices. But there are lots of options in France, Austria, Italy as well.

Assuming you are from the US, I would say that your primary reason for going to Europe
to ski is not skiing. It's for the ambiance, food, wine, and, if you work it right, cost savings.

Given climate change, the snow conditions by mid-March in the Alps can be variable.

I will say while the views in Zermatt are iconic and everyone wants to ski into Cervinia to
say they did it, the lift infrastructure is more sparse than you would expect.

Posted by
1615 posts

I don't have an answer to your question, but I strongly suggest that you finalize your booking by the end of 2024. Zermatt ski resorts fill up very quickly.

Posted by
20942 posts

I would add, do you have Epic or Ikon passes that give skiing in certain resorts?

Posted by
2 posts

Great info folks. I do not have my epic pass just yet for this year. I will look into that asap. thank you!