Please sign in to post.

Need itinerary help for Switzerland

Hi

Me and my wife are Arriving at Zurich on 24 April and we are very confused how to plan out everything help me out making road map and itinerary

To visit list

1. Adelboden

2. Glacier 3000

3. Matterhorn

4. Ticino

5. Stanserhorn

And any one scenic train

Please help me out to make perfect road map and itinerary

My question

1. Which travel pass to take to make travel cheaper in Swiss ?

2. Can I add saas fee in this ? For day trip

3. Which city to make base for best connectivity ?

4. Is it ok if I don't go jungfraujoch? I heard it too expensive and fully crowded with tourists and have better alternatives in Swiss

5. Which scenic train will be better option best best scenery?

6. How much minimum day It will take to cover all ?

From Switzerland I will be going Prague from night train Zurich to Prague

Posted by
20178 posts

How many days are you allocating for Switzerland?
Glacier 3000 is kind of an outlier. Considering many of the same activities are available at Zermatt, consider skipping this.
So here is a start point.
Day 1. Land Zurich and take train to Luzern. Takes about 1 hour. Relax, take a boat cruise if you feel up to it. Luzern to Vitznau and back would be nice. Take the Rigi Bahn to the top of Mt Rigi and back if you are full of energy.
Day 2. Train to Stans and do the Stanserhorn. Return to Luzern get luggage, take train/bus to Adelboden. Use the route via Interlaken at 6 past the hour. This is a very scenic train to Interlaken Ost. There change to train to Spiez, then to Frutigen, then the Postbus to Adelboden. Takes 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
Day 3. Adelboden
Day 4. Postbus to Frutigen, then change to the RE train to Brig. This is a scenic train ride. At Brig, take the train to Zermatt, which departs from tracks that are in front of the station in the street. Takes 3 hours. Go to Glacier Paradise.
Day 5. Go to Saas Fee. Take the train to Stalden-Saas, then change to the Postbus to Saas Fee. Takes 2 hours. Return to Zermatt is the same.
Day 6. Train to Brig, then train to Domodossola, then the Centovalli Railway to Locarno. This is a scenic train, takes 4 hours. You are in Ticino.
Day 7. Locarno.
Day 8, Train to Zurich, direct trains at 33 past the even hours (8:33, 10:33, etc). This is a scenic train and takes 3 1/2 hours. Change to Nightjet to Prague.

Get 8-day Swiss Travel Passes. Lake Luzern boats, Rigi Bahn, Stanserhorn, all trains and buses are included. Glacier Paradise is extra. Centovalli Railway may have a small supplement required.