Please sign in to post.

Switzerland itinerary

Hey everyone! I'd love your insight into this itinerary I've come up with for a week in Switzerland. Is it too much, too little?

Day 1: Arrive in Geneva in the early morning, head out to Lausanne for the day / night.

Day 2: Spend the morning in Lausanne, then head to Murren.

Day 3: Explore the area surrounding Murren

Day 4: spend the morning in Murren and head to Luzerne later in the day.

Day 5: Luzerne and surrounding areas

Day 6: Luzerne in the morning and eventually head to a hotel near the airport in Zurich.

Day 7: fly home

Posted by
7209 posts

The only thing I would change is to NOT spend the night at a Zurich Airport hotel. I would either spend the last night in Lucerne or in Zurich near the main train station.

Posted by
11294 posts

I agree with Tim. Luzern to the Zurich airport is about 70 minutes, with direct trains (no changes needed). Unless your flight is VERY early, there's no need to move from Luzern to Zurich to catch a flight.

Posted by
6 posts

Hmmm, ok... my flight home is at 9:30am out of Zurich. Does that change your thoughts on where to stay the night before?

Any suggestions on day trips or.things to see at any of my stops?

Posted by
1443 posts

Hmmm, ok... my flight home is at 9:30am out of Zurich. Does that
change your thoughts on where to stay the night before?

You could leave Luzern at 6:35 and arrive at the airport station at 7:42. Departures are about every 30 minutes. I've done this the last few times I have flown home from Zurich and it's easy.

Posted by
7209 posts

9:30 - I would stay in downtown Zurich in the old city near the main train station. The trains are plentiful and as quick as a 10 minute ride all the way into the airport.

Look at Hotel St. Josef or Hotel Bristol.