Please sign in to post.

Switzerland in Mid March 2019

Hi there
We are traveling to switzerland with a 3.5 year and 1 yo from 6th to 16th of March , Cold and snow is not a problem
We're planning 2 days each in Bernese Oberland, Luzern ,zurich And then doing the Glacier Exp from Zermatt to St. Mortiz and then doing the Bernina Express. So I have few questions
1. Am I missing something ? or is there something that I should may be skip during the winter?
2. Any unique chocolate/cheese experience unique to swiss?
3. we're debating between Schilthorn/Jungfrauoch

Posted by
8437 posts

Number 1. skip Zurich. If you're flying into Zurich, you can take the train from the airport rail station and be in Luzern in a little over an hour. Zurich is just another cold gray city. Add that time to the other places. Your schedule is too tight for all the places you want to see anyway.

Number 3. dont make a decision until you're there and see what the weather is like at the top of the mountains. It can change from morning to afternoon. I preferred the Schilthorn. The Jungfraujoch trip is pretty much an all day commitment, with much time in a long dark tunnel going up and coming down. Schilthorn is up the mountain in scenic gondolas.

Posted by
5581 posts

I completely agree with Stan. BTW, there are cameras in various places that show the visibility at Schilthorn and Jungfrauoch to aid with decision making.