Please sign in to post.

Switzerland in May

Hello! A couple friends and I will be spending 3-4 days in May (around the 23rd) and we’re wondering where we should make our home base. Can anyone recommend towns in the Berner Oberland area? That area looks beautiful and we’d love to enjoy the scenery there but are worried about the time of year and are having a hard time narrowing down which town to stay in. Thanks!!

Posted by
7811 posts

I was there last May for the 2nd time. Stay either in the valley at Lauterbrunnen or in a mountain village like Wengen or Murren.

Posted by
112 posts

We stayed in Murren a few years ago at almost that exact time in May. We had two beautiful warm sunny days (60 degrees or so) and on the third morning as we left, it was snowing like crazy. Unpredictable but go anyway! So beautiful!

Posted by
265 posts

We were there mid-May this year and were glad that we stayed in Murren. There were still some patches of snow on paths, but walks were clear. Some hotels and restaurants were still closed, but we had no problems finding someplace to eat.

Posted by
87 posts

Hello,

We will be there in may also. Originally I was looking to make Lauterbrunnen our base camp. But, we decided to go with an airBnB and we will be staying in Windersil. I still think we will drive to Lauterbrunnen and make that our travel hub, as they seem to have all the nessaccary transportation hubs.