Please sign in to post.

Switzerland first week of April 2020

We’ll be disembarking a Viking cruise in Basel on April 1 and flying home from ZRH on April 5. We’d like to to go the Berner Oberland but realize its not the best time of year to visit. We have also read differing opinions. Can anyone help with a suggested itinerary/best areas to visit for these 4 days that might work out at this time of year? Thanks!

Posted by
6883 posts

If you are able to cope with snow, including appropriate footwear, the Bernese Oberland is perfectly appropriate to visit. Magical under the snow.
But if you'd rather not, Luzern would make a good 3-night stay, and you could add in a night in Basel, or Zürich before your flight.

Posted by
3993 posts

I will be in Switzerland two weeks after you and one of the things I want to do is take a day trip to one of the towns in the Berner Oberland from my base which will be Lucerne. I would hope that would be a wonderful time of year to visit. I was in Mürren in late May a few years ago and cannot wait to return to the area.

Posted by
34 posts

It depends what you want to do.

If you want to try to ski you could go up to Murren or Wengen. There’s also winter hiking, among all kinds of other winter sports. Although the beginning/middle of April is when things close up for a month or two.

Stuff like the Schilthorn and Jungfrau are always options, weather depending.

The valleys could be more “spring like-ish” around that time of year. So Lauterbrunnen and Interlaken could be nice choices, you could day trip to the castles in thun.