Please sign in to post.

Swiss Travel Passes

I will be traveling in Sept., 2024. The Switzerland part of my trip will begin at Basel SBB. While I am staying with a friend I will be taking a couple of short day-trips to Appenzell, Lake Constance. I have been trying to make sense of the Swiss Travel Pass or the Half Fare Card or the Jungfrau Region Card. It is all so confusing to me. I am not inclined to visit museums. Should I buy a pass or passes or just buy point-to-point tickets as needed? Any advice would be appreciated.

9/13 - Train from Basel SBB to Urnasch, Switzerland
9/14 - Urnasch
9/15 - Urnasch
9/16 - Urnasch
9/17 - Train to Interlaken
9/18 - Travel to Murren
9/19 - Murren
9/20 -Train to Luzern
9/21 - Luzern
9/22 -Train to Winterthur
9/23 -Train to Zurich ZRH

Posted by
7850 posts

Looking at your Itinerary just buy the Half Fare Card and use that with your point to point tickets as needed.

Posted by
20100 posts

I don't understand why you listed Interlaken and Muerren separately. Why not go straight to Muerren. Same with Winterthur. You can easily make your flight from Luzern, its only just over 1 hour. Unless you enjoy checking in and out of hotels.

Posted by
174 posts

I am spending one night in Interlaken, so Urnasch to Interlaken. I just want to. I know I could go on to Murren if I wanted to.
I am spending one night in Winterthur, so Luzern to Winterthur. I just want to. I prefer to be a bit closer to the airport.