Please sign in to post.

Swiss Travel Pass

Hello Members,
Need some guidance which Travel pass (combination of passes) to buy for my upcoming swiss travel.
Travellers: 2 Adults, 1 child (10 years old)
Itinerary:
1. Day 1 - Reach Basel and Travel to Interlaken
2. Day 2 to Day 6 - Stay at Interlaken and visit various places like Harder Kulm, Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald, Jungfrau mountain top, Zermatt Matterhorn Viewpoint , Lake Thun, Lake Breinz etc.
3. Day 7 and Day 8 - Stay at Basel - visit places like lucerne, Rhine Falls, Titlis etc.
4. Day 9 return.

Based on the above which travel pass or combination of Travel Pass i should opt for.
Best Regards,
Neel

Posted by
20803 posts

Are you flying in and out of Basel?
If you want to see Luzern and Titlis, why stay in Basel? You are closer in Interlaken. Why not spend a night in Luzern, then go to Basel.

Posted by
6 posts

Hello Sam.
Thanks for the response. We plan such because to stay with one of your friend's family who stays at Basel.

Posted by
20803 posts

Not sure what this means.

Zermatt Matterhorn Viewpoint

Are you planning on going to Zermatt for a day?

Posted by
6 posts

Hello Sam. Sorry by this I meant Gornergrat. I am not planning to stay there. It's a day trip planned from Interlaken.

Posted by
6 posts

Hello. Yes. Can you please advise which type of travel pass I should go for for this whole trip?

Posted by
25 posts

We traveled to Switzerland this past December with our 16 yr old daughter. We did not buy train travel passes until we got to the Zurich airport. We went straight to the train/Swiss Pass office at the airport and they were tremendously helpful. We explained what we were hoping to do and they suggested the specific pass that would work best for us!

Posted by
99 posts

Neel,
We will be doing something similar in August-Zurich-Zermatt-Thun-back to Zurich, with mountain trains, and boat rides mixed in. I've been researching this, and on the SBB website, you will find options. A Half-fare card is an option, check it out. I believe it's good for 30 days, and is good for different types of transport, and SOME mountain railways. But, going to the office at the airport is a really good idea, and I think we might do that, rather than buying online in advance.