Please sign in to post.

Swiss Transfer Ticket

I've been searching the www.sbb.ch site for this economical R.T. ticket from the border/airport to one's destination but can't seem to find this option for travel this spring [2019]. I notice that they still have the Swiss Pass, the Half Fare Card and the 1 month Swiss Card. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for me. I will only be in Switzerland for 5 days and will only go to Spiez and return.
Thanks for your help

Posted by
4637 posts

If you only go to Spiez and return then no pass or card would be advantageous for you. Just pay the price of ticket.

Posted by
20072 posts

The Transfer Ticket was discontinued in 2019. If you bought one in 2018, you can still use it, but they are not selling it anymore.

They have introduced new all day passes that allow you unlimited travel for a day for a 52 CHF. They go on sale 30 days before your intended travel date. The catch is the price goes up as you get closer to your travel date. So to get that 52 CHF Saver Day Pass, you need to buy it the first day it goes on sale.
https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/1-day-travelpass/saver-day-pass.html

Since a ticket from the Zurich airport to Spiez is 68 CHF, that will save you some money.

Posted by
2829 posts

The Day Saver Pass starts selling exactly 60 days before the intended travel date. The cheapest possible fare without other discount cards is CHF 52. However, fares are dynamic, they might increase as the cheapest batches are sold out. It costs almost double that amount if bought on the day before intended travel. It is only sold online.

Posted by
2829 posts

If you are going to arrive in Spiez by train from Italy, Germany or France, it is much cheaper to include the Swiss sector in your international ticket anyway.

Posted by
20072 posts

Oops, yes, 60 days. Buy it as soon as it goes on sale for your travel date to get the 52 EUR price. It goes up quickly after that.