Please sign in to post.

Swiss rail pass

For past trips to Switzerland I purchased the Half-Fare card which worked very well for 2-3 week visits, but my upcoming trip is shorter, only 6 days, so I am looking for a card to reduce the costs of my train travel (Zurich-Bern-Wengen-Zurich) and chair lifts & trains in the Berner Oberland. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by
115 posts

Sorry, Tim, I don't understand your question. Could you please clarify? Thanks!

Posted by
7209 posts

“so I am looking for a card to reduce the costs of my train travel“: Swiss Half Fare Card

160chf for 30 days of 50% discounted travel. You’ll need to do the math to verify that’s cost effective for you.

Posted by
11289 posts

We hike a lot in the Lauterbrunnen Valley and Jungfrau Region and always get a Berner Oberland Regional Pass. Sometimes we get a Half Fare Card as well if it makes sense for travel elsewhere on our itinerary because the HFC also gives a discount on the BO Regional Pass. The BO Pass is also valid on the Post Bus, which we use almost daily in Lauterbrunnen.

Even after many trips to Switzerland I always do a spreadsheet to check what’s best assuming I can take all the lifts and trains I plan on.