Please sign in to post.

Swiss Pass Questions

Hi guys,

I am going to be traveling in Switzerland from July 22nd-July 29th. I will be taking a train from Lucerne to either Mürren or Gimmelwald (Which town depends on room availability) and staying there until the 28th, when I will travel and stay the night in Zurich (where I am flying out). I am planning on spending the majority of my time hiking within the area, and I would like to go to both Jungfraujoch and Schlitterhorn (weather permitting). I have been reading up on the various passes, and I honestly am more confused than I had previously been. Does anybody have any advice as to which pass (or combination of) would be the best value for me? Any help would be much appreciated!

Best,

Alexis

Posted by
20085 posts

With the Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn in the mix, you will exceed the break even point for the 30-day Half Fare Card, so that is the way to go. Can't lose. The card is 120 CHF and you will have more than 240 CHF of tickets.
How are you getting to Luzern?

Posted by
16893 posts

The Half-Fare Card does sound like your best bet. Your trip fits within the confines of a pass for 8 consecutive days but you don't have enough (longer) train rides planned to get all the value out of that (Jungfraujoch train only partly covered).