Please sign in to post.

Swiss Pass

I am a little confused as to which travel pass I should buy for my trip. I am flying into Zurich on October 9 and immediately taking a train to Zermatt where I will be through October 12. Then taking train back to Zurich where I will stay through October 19. We will be going to different places (Lucerne, Bern, Interlaken, etc.) for day trips from Zurich. Should I buy the half fare card or travel pass. I am not sure which day we will going to these cities.

Posted by
3001 posts

Without knowing more specifics of your daily travel plans, it sounds like the Swiss Travel Pass would be a good option since you’ll be in different regions of the country.

That is the Pass I always get as I like the convenience of not having to buy tickers for most things. If you do any mountain excursions, you’ll get a discount with the Pass and will need to buy tickets. I find it easiest to just buy those tickets at the ticket counter. I just show them my Pass, tell them where I’d like to go, and they make sure I have the correct ticket with the appropriate discount. Very easy.