Please sign in to post.

Swiss Half fare card worth it?

Hi

We are 4 adults and 2 kids. planning a 6 day trip from Zurich to Interlaken /Wengen , Luzern and Zurich stay.
Day 1 - Arrive in Zurich . Travel to Interlaken
Day2 - Interlaken Jungfrau , Ice palace , sphinx terraces ( can this be done in one day)
Day 3 Interlaken to Lucerne - Chapel Bridge , Lion Monument ( anything else )
Day 4 Mt Titlis or Mt Rigi ( which to do)
Day 5 - Back to Zurich and Zurich city tour
Day 6 - Fly back home.

Is it worth to get the Swiss half fare card for the 4 adults? or I saw some saver day pass ?

If I get the half fare cards do I need to book the train trips in advance and also the mountain visits?

Please suggest

Thanks

Posted by
2448 posts

The Swiss Half Fare Card gives you 50% off on the Jungfraujoch trip. And if your kids are under 16 with the family card they go for free. So the HFC may already pay itself back on that trip alone...

None of the train trips need to be booked in advance. Getting a Saver Day Pass (which is further reduced with the HFC) for your arrival day may however be a good idea. But that must be bought in advance.

Posted by
11 posts

Thank you. Kids are below 16. Would it cover for any other excursions? Also is Mt titlis or Mt rigi which is better?

Posted by
2448 posts

Yes, the family card means kids go free if the parents have a valid ticket. This makes the HFC + Family Card a very good deal for families.

Posted by
1123 posts

The Swiss half fare card is 120Chf. So if you will spend more than 240 chf then the card pays for itself.

Posted by
180 posts

I suggest you look at a few YouTube videos of Rigi and Titlis to help you decide.
For me, Titlis wins for views.
Rigi for comfortable hikes.

Posted by
27812 posts

Saver Day Passes start out at the bargain price of CHF 52 (or CHF 29 with the Half-fare Card) when they are initially released, but the cost increases gradually (though significantly) as the travel date approaches.