Please sign in to post.

Swiss Half Fare Card

I last traveled to Switzerland in 2019 just prior to the pandemic. We purchased Swiss Half Fare Cards at the airport train station which were CHF120 and active for 1 month. For a trip I'm taking this coming September, I checked the SBB site to get the current price and can't find the monthly pass, only a pass for a year, that will automatically renew. Does anyone know if the monthly pass is still available? Other sites will contain information on that pass, but I'm afraid they may be outdated and SBB has discontinued the month pass for tourists. Thanks.

Posted by
20103 posts

Yes, the latest SBB website version leads a lot to be desired. Products are hard to find. I had to look up the 30-day Half fare card at the MySwitzerland site.

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks everyone. I did see that site, but when I went to the SBB site and it wasn't included in the offerings, I wasn't sure if the other websites were up to date. I'll go on the assumption that I'll be able to buy it as usual. My plans are hovering close enough to break even, so it won't affect my trip much. This will probably be my last trip to Switzerland. Have been there 8 times and enjoyed every trip. This one will be in memory of my husband. Thanks again and "Keep on traveling."

Posted by
4710 posts

Dianne, sweet memories. I hope your trip brings you peace.
For the past few years there have been sales on the various passes, so keep an eye out here, as someone will post the news quickly.
The yearly pass is for Swiss residents, I believe.
Safe travels!

Posted by
6901 posts

The yearly pass is for Swiss residents, I believe

It's not, I have mine. But not useful unless you plan 2 Switzerland trips in the same 12-month period.

Posted by
485 posts

I did see that site, but when I went to the SBB site and it wasn't included in the offerings

The link I posted above is the SBB (Swiss train) website

I'll go on the assumption that I'll be able to buy it as usual

Yes, you will be able to do that

For the past few years there have been sales on the various passes, so keep an eye out here, as someone will post the news quickly.

This will not include the one month half fare card, no point in waiting for it to go on sale.

May your holiday be a very meaningful one for you!