Please sign in to post.

Swiss Flex Pass

I promise to make this my last nag. OK, so, I'll be in Switzerland for 25 days and in 9 cities. This pass is good for 15 uses over a non continous month. . The agent tells me that if I use it to ride a gondola or take a choo-choo boat on a non travel day, it counts as a day.of use. Right?

Posted by
20084 posts

Yes, unless you choose to pay the full fare cost, then you don't use a "pass day". I don't know what you mean by a "non continuous month". The pass is valid from the first day you use it for 15 of the next continuous 30 days. So if it looks any one day's travel is less than 35 CHF for full days travel, and you already have 15 days of nominally full fare more expensive travel, just pay that day out of pocket.

Posted by
16242 posts

The pass is good for 15 days of use, not 15 "uses". If you use the pass even once on a given day to get free travel or a discount, that counts as a day of use. If all you are going to do in one day is ride a gondola, it is unlikely you will save enough to justify using the pass, as the pass wiil only give you a discount (usually 50%) on mountain lifts above the town. In manyu cases you are better off just paying full fare rather than use up a day on your pass.

When you do use the pass for travel, be sure to write the date in European format (dd/mm/yy) in the box provided BEFORE you board the first train of the day.

Posted by
16893 posts

On each date that you choose to use the pass for any of its various benefits, you write in the date and then receive those benefits until midnight.

Posted by
11315 posts

Even if you use it for entry to a museum it starts use of a day of validity.

We are taking a long trip to Switzerland this fall and are opting for a 15-day flex pass then using a Berner Oberland Regional Pass for the days we are in that area. we will also pay full-fare for some bus days, short train trip days, etc. I blocked it all out on a spreadsheet. (Geek!)

Many regions have passes that can supplement your Flex Pass.