Our family of 4 (2 adults & 2 children) will be flying into Switzerland (city undecided) from London in June 2019. We'd like to take a scenic train to see the Swiss alps. We're setting aside 3 days, including travel to & from Switzerland. We'll be flying to Rome thereafter.
I'd really appreciate suggestions as to:
1. Which city to fly into?
2. Which scenic train route (Glacier Express vs. Bernina)?
3. Full route length or partial (allowing time to explore a town/city)?
4. If partial route, between which stations?
5. Town/city to explore and stay overnight?
6. Depending on the route terminating point, what town/city has the nearest airport?
Again, thank you in advance for your suggestions! We're attempting to fit in a lot in 15 days:
Fly into Paris. Stay 3 days.
Take train to London. Stay 1 night.
Fly to Switzerland. (This is the segment we need help with)
Fly to Rome. Stay 2 days.
Board 8-night cruise.
Arrive & depart from Barcelona.