We (My 10 year old son, wife and me), are planning to visit Switzerland in August. We will be flying in to Zurich from SFO(reaching @ 15:40 p.m). Our trip spans 15 days in Switzerland and Italy with may be 6 days in Switzerland and 8 in Italy. We were planning to explore the Berner Oberland area and were thinking of going there directly from Zurich. We had some questions and would really appreciate some guidance from the gurus here :-)
- What would be the best base for Berner Oberland? We would like to stay at a place more friendly to family. Rick recommends Gimmelwald but reading on other forums I also found out that Murren and Wengen are other popular options. What would you guys advice?
- My wife is vegetarian. Would love to know about vegetarian options/restaurants that we can explore in the area.
- It is a 12 hour flight from SFO to Zurich and we would have 3 suitcases(lightest that my missus can pack :-)) to deal with.So I am wondering if going to the base(e.g. Gimmelwald) is good idea? Or shall we stay in Zurich or Interlaken for a night.
- We plan to spend 4 days in Berner Oberland. Will that be sufficient?
- We were thinking of going to Lucerne for a day or 2 (total 6 days in Switzerland). Is that good? Or are there other better places to consider(e.g Lake Geneva).