I'm planning my first and solo travel to Switzerland in September 2020. I want to do it at a leisurely pace and to prioritize the mountains. A 15-day Swiss Travel Pass seems to give me convenience and peace of mind even though I may not break even in monetary terms. The following is my tentative itinerary. I'd appreciate your comments and suggestions before I book my flights (which is at the very low end right now.)
- Fly into Zurich and train right on to Luzern (3 nights)
- Train to Berner Oberland, sleep in Murren (4 nights)
- Train (Golden Pass) to Montreux, then to Chamonix (3 nights)*
- Train to Bern (3 nights) with a day trip to Murten
- Train to Zurich (2 nights)
- Fly home
*I've dropped Zermatt in favor of Chamonix after reading the comparisons in this forum as well as watching several Youtube videos of the two destinations.