Please sign in to post.

sbb site doesn't show schedules for September, 2015 ?

It looks to me like it is too soon to see train schedules for dates in September, 2015 on the sbb website. Am I right? I was looking about two days ago, and at other times in the past two months, but I would get a message that said something like 'we could not find a trip for your requested time'.

I'm trying to plan for a trip back to Murren when our My Way Tour ends in Chamonix. Please help. Thanks.

Posted by
32776 posts

I've just done it, for the 24th.

Are you sure that you put in the time correctly? Any chance that you were looking at a time when Switzerland would be asleep and you didn't change the time?

Here's the first of the day:

1 Station/Stop Time Platf./ Edge Travel with Occupancy Comments
Hide details for connection 1
Local area map: Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
Chamonix-Mont-Blanc dep 07:55 BUS26203
BUS
Bus 26203
Direction: Le Châtelard-Frontière
BE GROUPS: Transport limited BICYCLES: No self-service loading by sender PL

Local area map: Le Châtelard-Frontière
Le Châtelard-Frontière arr 08:34

Local area map: Le Châtelard-Frontière
Le Châtelard-Frontière dep 08:50 R 26203
R

Regio 26203
Direction: Martigny
2nd class only

Local area map: Martigny
Martigny arr 09:35 40

Local area map: Martigny
Martigny dep 09:40 2 IR 1809
IR

InterRegio 1809
Direction: Brig

Local area map: Visp
Visp arr 10:24 6

Local area map: Visp
Visp dep 10:57 5 IC 817
IC

InterCity 817
Direction: Romanshorn
Restaurant Minibar Family Coach with play area BZ RZ Reservation possible

Local area map: Spiez
Spiez arr 11:24 4

Local area map: Spiez
Spiez dep 11:33 1 IC 965
IC

InterCity 965
Direction: Interlaken Ost
Restaurant FZ BZ RZ Reservation possible

Local area map: Interlaken Ost
Interlaken Ost arr 11:57 5

Local area map: Interlaken Ost
Interlaken Ost dep 12:05 2 R 159
R

Regio 159
Direction: Lauterbrunnen

Local area map: Lauterbrunnen
Lauterbrunnen arr 12:25 3

Local area map: Lauterbrunnen
Lauterbrunnen

walk
walk
3 min., Y

Local area map: Lauterbrunnen BLM
Lauterbrunnen BLM

Local area map: Lauterbrunnen BLM
Lauterbrunnen BLM dep 12:31 R 759
R

Regio 759
Direction: Mürren BLM

Posted by
8889 posts

SBB, along with most European Railway company sites, has timetables up to 12/12/2015. This is the date new timetables come into force every year, the second Sunday in December.
As Nigel says, be sure you enter desired time and date when doing a search.

Posted by
49 posts

Thanks for the reply, Nigel and Chris. I just realized it is Rick Steves' site that gives me the message 'At this time, our online system can't find tickets or schedules for this trip.' The sbb does give schedules for my date (I did give the pieces of information you guys were telling me to make sure that I gave).

I guess my problem was that when I was reading someone else's post about her itinerary for Chamonix to Murren, I saw that she was going through Le-Chatelard and Martigny. But the schedule that I was getting for Chamonix to Murren was showing other stops, and not Le-Chatelard and Martigny. I was hoping my train would be passing Martigny because I thought I read somewhere else that Martigny offers good views.

Nigel, the schedule that you got when you looked this up for me also showed Le-Chatelard and Martigny in the itinerary. But I could not get them to show in my inquiry for my date. So, I thought of using the date that you used. Voila! I got the itinerary you got. Then it hit me that the route changes depending on the day of the journey. Mine happens to be on a Friday. I'm guessing this is caused by the construction that is going on in the area (The sbb site talks about this construction that will slow down traffic; they probably change the route on Fridays). I will just have to accept the fact that I will not be able to see Martigny on my route. Maybe next time.

Thanks for your time. You guys are great about sharing your wealth of information with newbies like me.!