I am so excited for our Europe trip in two weeks! Was wondering if my itinerary is up to mark for a first timer to Switzerland. We are a group of 6:
my senior citizen mum (70 yrs)
husband and me (couple 1 newly married)
Sis + husband + 10yr old son (couple 2)
arriving at Wengen on the 16th June from Paris
We have gotten the Swiss Pass so pretty much free to roam everywhere (I know it was expensive but we made a decision to allow room for freedom and impromptu trips)
Day 0 16th June (Arrive from Paris by approx 6pm)
- Arrive in Wengen and just walk around town. It's a long journey by train from Paris so not scheduling anything in.
Day 1 17th June
- Keep the first day at Jungfrau. Check weather and take a call and head there first thing.
- Come back down to Kleine Scheidegg by early afternoon. Spend a few minutes taking in the sights around KS before catching the train down to Wengen. Have lunch and rest at the Chalet we booked. Ride down to Lauterbrunnen in evening. Dinner at hotel in Lauterbrunnen comes with a great view of the mountains.
- Any suggestions on what we can add here? Have not added any hikes or slippery waterfalls because mom will find it difficult
Day 2 18th June
- Since we have explored the Alpine on the first day, would like to see the city!
- Spend day in Interlaken
- A lake Brienz cruise can be combined with the visit to the Giessbach waterfalls and hotel.
- Having a tough time deciding what to do this day. Any suggestions? Maybe go to Murren in the evening??
Day 3 19th June
- Pack up and head to Lucerne
- Spend the day in Lucerne
- Walk the bridges and see the Lion Monument. Just wander about basically taking the sights in. Nothing specific in mind
Day 4 20th June
- Not sure about this - was wanting to do Glacier 3000 for the Alpine Coaster - too far right? Maybe do the Golden Round Trip?
starts with a Boat cruise on lake Luzern from Luzern to Alpnachstad
a cog wheel train ride from Alpnachstad to Mt. Pilatus Kulm (Summit)
cable car down to Kriens
and finally a bus back to Luzern
Day 5 21st June
- Here is where a lot you will bash me up :)
- We plan on catching the Bernina Express via Zurich. Yes, in the wee hours of the morning.
Thank you for reading my itinerary and helping me plan a wonderful trip for my family. Appreciate the time and effort!!