Please sign in to post.

Reservations?

I plan on going to Switzerland mostly in Aug. would it likely be OK if I made hotel/B&B reservations a few days in advance? Or should I make them far in advance. It may be dependent on the city/town, I realize. But I was wondering if there were any words of caution.

Posted by
68 posts

July & August are peak travel times in Switzerland. It is strongly suggested to book in advance.

Posted by
6783 posts

At the end of April, I already struggled finding a good room in Lucerne in early July: you should book now, at least in the tourist hot spots.

Posted by
973 posts

It depends an awful lot on your budget.... it is possible and in some case you might even get a cheap rate due to a cancellation, but in most case you can expect to pay well over the odds to find a place for the night.

Posted by
1443 posts

If you know for sure you will be in a town on a certain day, then why not book in advance?

If you'd rather wing it, as I sometimes do, I'm certain you can find a room only a day or two in advance. You probably won't get your first choice, but you'll find something perfectly fine. Make sure you have a list of places you've researched ahead of time so that you can go through them to find a vacancy.

Posted by
250 posts

Thanks for all your very helpful advice. I very much appreciate it!