Please sign in to post.

Planning a trip to Switzerland

1. Can only go in June, November or December. May I know which of this month is a better choice?

2. Other than Austria , which other is cities is recommended to visit? Is Paris easily accessible?
    I am from Singapore, so I should fly in to where first? How many days is enough for each cities ?
    Let say if going Switzerland, Austria and france?

3. What are the places I must visit?

Thank you
C

Posted by
2311 posts

Unless you like snow, go in June. This June (next month) might be a big challenge. Many hotels might already be booked.

If you plan to see Switzerland and France, fly into Zurich and out of Paris.

Posted by
20070 posts
  1. June is the obvious better choice. November and December will be cold and likely to be snow on the ground in the mountains of Austria and Switzerland. Cold weather clothing will be a must.

2. Fly into Vienna and out of Paris 4 day Vienna, 3 days Salzburg, 3 days Luzern, 3 days Lauterbrunnen, 5 days Paris.

Posted by
129 posts

Any recommendations for places to stay in Switzerland?

Posted by
20070 posts

With 2 weeks, fly to Munich then train to Salzburg 3 nights, Innsbruck 2 nights, Luzern 2 nights, Lauterbrunnen 3 nights, Paris 4 nights.
All of these well connected by train lines.
Singapore Airlines has direct flights to both Paris and Munich, but they are pricey. Turkish Airlines is the low price option with good connections in Istanbul.

Posted by
1425 posts

Hello Teo:

I really like Singapore and was there in March!

Sam gave you an excellent itinerary. I concur that unless you want snow and a winter experience, then June is better. However, bear in mind that there may be heat waves in Europe beginning in June.

Anyway, the scenery is very different from SE Asia and I am sure you will be fine.

Posted by
129 posts

In early June, or mid June will be better? Do you mean the weather will be hot? Cos I prefer to go when the weather is cooling but not too cold. Will I still be able to see snow on the Swiss alps?

Posted by
20070 posts

You can google climate information for the sites you want to visit. example: Luzern, Switzerland, 23 deg C average high temp, 14 deg C average low temp in June. Of course there are considerable variations from average.
I don't see a whole lot of difference between early and mid June temps. Early obviously slightly cooler.
Yes, you will see snow on the mountains in the Swiss Alps. If you go to the Jungfraujoch from Lauterbrunnen, you can walk in it.
https://www.jungfrau.ch/de-ch/jungfraujoch-top-of-europe/

Posted by
1425 posts

Weather is weather. It's tough to say whether early June is better or mid-June is better. Consider early June if your goal is to see snow.