Please sign in to post.

Packing for Switzerland!

We are doing the RS Best of Switzerland May 29th- June 9th. I'm determined this time to take a 21" rolling suitcase and a rolling backpack - then I don't have to check luggage. This is our 9th RS tour and I want to make it easier. Advice? I do have one of those puffy coats that fits into a pouch, so that will help.

Posted by
470 posts

First, this is a great tour. The comprehensive experience of the unique areas ( language, culture, food, traditions) is riveting.
We did it in the late fall… the “ bookend” to your late spring. I would suggest not worrying about warmth, but preparing for wet. Take a waterproof raincoat that covers your bottom ( for wet seats). Take thin layers to wear underneath for warmth. You might have snow, and you might start to sweat. 🤷🏻‍♀️
With layers you can cope with all of that, but if you are wet you will be miserable.

Posted by
1431 posts

I suggest you pack good base layers that wick moisture. Bring also clothing that dries fast: no cotton.

Posted by
8440 posts

cindy26, are you saying that you are planning to take two carryons each or two total?

Posted by
25 posts

I am planning to take 1 20" carryon suitcase for myself plus my rolling backpack (that can go on my back).