Please sign in to post.

One night stay in Gimmelwald area on September 20, 2014

Need a single room and double room for one night on September 20, 2014 in the Gimmelwald area. Could be a hostel type place if not a motel/hotel. Thanks

James

Posted by
32202 posts

jeg,

The link that Chris provided is your best bet for finding accommodations. I'd probably check with the Pension first. There is a Hostel there (Mountain Hostel) but I don't believe they have any double rooms. You could also try Esther's Guesthouse, which is right across from the Pension and Hostel.

Posted by
12 posts

I'd look at Hotel Bellevue in nearby Murren. A lovely place with incredible views and a wonderful restaurant. Only about a 15 minute walk from Gimmelwald. Murren is as easily accessible (if not moreso) than Gimmelwald via train and cablecars.

Posted by
12 posts

I'd look at Hotel Bellevue in nearby Murren. A lovely place with incredible views and a wonderful restaurant. Only about a 15 minute walk from Gimmelwald. Murren is as easily accessible (if not moreso) than Gimmelwald via train and cablecars.

Posted by
295 posts

The mountain hostel in Gimmelwald doesn't have single or double rooms but dorm style rooms with 6 plus beds. You could try sleeping in Murren at Chalet Fontana. Its a buget option with 5 rooms. www.chaletfontana.ch
Or try the Valley Hostel in Lauterbrunnen they have single or double rooms. www.valleyhostel.ch
Lauterbrunnen is a good base and from there its easy to get to either side of the mountains going to either the Jungfrau or the Schilthorn or hike on the valley floor.

Posted by
12040 posts

I would re-think a one night stay anywhere in the Alps. You could get lucky and have perfect weather. September usually has the best conditions for hiking. However, you could just as easily experience nothing but rain and a thick layer of fog that whites out those views you paid so much to see. Give yourself a bigger buffer of time, three nights at a minimum, as insurance against the random whimsy of Alpine weather.