Please sign in to post.

One day in Zurich

After a wonderful day on the Bernini Express we arrive in Zurich late in the evening and train it out to Paris two mornings later. We decided to give Zurich two nights instead of one just to see what we could do with those few hours. As my wife is set on the Lindt Chocolate Museum on our one full day there and since we've had some busy days previous we've decided to just stay in Zurich and wander and see things.

We're not into art and just want to enjoy one relaxing day in Zurich (late March). Any suggestions for stuff to do or where to wander?

Posted by
4710 posts

Just stay in the old town, wander about, perhaps take a boat ride? What time of year is time?

Posted by
266 posts

We enjoyed the RS walking tour of Zürich in the Switzerland guide book.

Posted by
32767 posts

Will you be there in summer? If so maybe a ride on Lake Zurich.... or there are lots things in the immediate vicinity including forests for walking and castles for ogling.

Posted by
647 posts

All great suggestions: boat ride on the lake, wandering Old Town, lunch at Sprüngli.
And to add one more: take the train to Uetliberg, a short train ride to a small mountain just outside the city center, with phenomenal views of Zurich, and surrounding areas. There is a restaurant at the top. Seems like every destination in Switzerland has dining opportunities.

Posted by
74 posts

The Chagall stained glass windows in the Fraumunster were mind blowingly beautiful. They are unlike any glass anywhere else. Go sit and take them in for half an hour.

Posted by
184 posts

Great suggestions everyone. It looks to be a fun day there. Too bad I don't have the guidebook, have most of the others.

Posted by
2675 posts

Too bad I don't have the guidebook

You don’t need it, you have the forum. 😊

Posted by
4412 posts

no, you still need the guidebook. Rick is a generous man but his information should be rewarded. and it's such a small price to pay for so much knowledge.

Posted by
2675 posts

Phred, he’s only going to be in Zurich for a day and most of that will be spent at lindt. I think rick would understand if he didn’t buy the Switzerland book. 😊