Please sign in to post.

Neck Pillow

Actually I feel pain when I travel long route.And after some days I will go to Switzerland with my family and this will be a very long journey.So, I want to keep a neck pillow with me so that I can use it during travelling to avoid pains.Can anyone suggest me anything?

Posted by
32834 posts

In order to help you source something it would be helpful if you said which journey you are anticipating pain - are you talking about a journey within Switzerland that worries you so you want to source something in Switzerland (where????) or is it the journey to Switzerland that is the concern? If so, where is that journey from? What country? Where in that country?

Other than you picking up an amazon something anywhere in the world unless we have basic information it is really hard to know where to send you shopping.

Do you want a full sized pillow, or do you want a blow up one?

Posted by
7039 posts

Inflatable neck pillows will probably be the cheapest and most space saving type. Memory foam and those filled with a natural substance like buckwheat hulls (the 'bucky' pillow) are more comfortable but they take up more space and are usually more expensive. If you don't have time to wait for an Amazon delivery, any travel store or travel section of a department or discount or drug store will most likely have some variety of styles.

Posted by
3391 posts

I have a memory foam neck pillow with a soft, plush cover that works great when I want to sleep sitting up!

Posted by
1097 posts

I carry along a memory foam neck pillow that I ordered from Amazon. It has an elastic strap across the back that will slide over a suitcase handle, and came with an eye mask. I think I paid about $10. Totally worth carrying along, imo. On Risk Steves tours, I leave it on the bus in the overhead storage between bus days. My husband usually carries his into the hotel because sometimes he needs an extra pillow.

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you all for the suggestion.But I want some specific name of neck pillow and which brand,what is the price etc. Please give me some detail information.

Posted by
5697 posts

Lost my memory-foam pillow to a Paris Metro train door, so for my flight home I am planning to shove my puffy down jacket into a laundry bag and improvise. Things like this are like asking for the "best" shoes -- it all depends on what works for you. See your local travel stores, or the shops at the airport.

Posted by
5 posts

If you go to the YouTube website and type into the search box, "Travel Pillows," you'll find more descriptions and comparisons than you'll know what to do with! There are a great many to choose from. The consensus there seems to be that you should avoid U-shaped pillows since they thrust your head uncomfortably forward. On the other hand, U-shaped pillows are what Rick Steves sells here on his website. Ultimately, what suits one person won't suit another. To each his own. Zzzzzzzz...

Posted by
5 posts

Ufffff........at last found my most cherished memory foam pillow. It is really working very good. Just love it. Have found it here.