My husband and I will be in Switzerland from May 28th till June 3rd for our honeymoon. Below is our itinerary.
- Land at Zurich on 28th night, drive to Lucerne.
- 28th & 29th night stay at Lucerne and visit Mt Rigi.
- On the 30th, drive to Lauterbrunnen. Visit Thun or Chateau De Chillon Castle if possible. Return the car at Lauterbrunnen and reach Murren by evening.
- 30th and 31st night stay at Murren. Visit Schilthorn and/or Top of Europe if weather permits.
- On the 1st leave Murren, pick up a car at Lauterbrunnen and head to Milan. We will be flying back from Zurich on the 3rd of June.
We are coming from the USA and we are just done with the winter here. We are really not keen about winter activities. We just want to stroll around and do a couple of easy hikes. Want to try paragliding if possible.
1) Is it good to stay at Murren or Lauterbrunnen during the end of May? I saw that the weather is cloudy and temperatures are low. We don't mind low temperatures but hope that it is not cloudy.
2) Would snow still be there on the streets of Murren and what kind of shoes do we need? I have hiking shoes, planning to use them with crampons.
3) Which pass would work better for us? We have car for most of our communte except for the Murren and the surrounding area. I see that Jungfrau region pass does not cover Schilthorn trip and half the way to the Top of Europe.
I am almost at the verge of cancelling the hotel at Murren and getting one at Lauterbrunnen due to weather. Please advice.