Please sign in to post.

Mürren Hotel

Hello! We've just decided to visit Switzerland the first 3 weeks in June. I had hoped to find availability for 4 or 5 days at the Hotel Bellevue in Mürren but they seem to have no room at the inn all month. So disappointing. Can anyone recommend another moderately priced hotel there? Thanks for your response. (I've enjoyed reading the forum for the advice from so many experienced Switzerland travelers.)

Posted by
6897 posts

Check out the Alpina perhaps, or (slightly more expensive), the Alpenruh?
If you end up not finding anything you like, Wengen is a suitable alternative.

Posted by
16265 posts

Carrie nailed it. Use the link she provided to book directly with the hotel——They have rooms available throughout June. You will like it there—I think they offer the best views in Mürren, and the food is excellent.

Posted by
4699 posts

Communicating with Hotel Bellevue directly worked well for us- I sent an email at bedtime and received the response when I woke up the next morning. However, for some reason, their emails went straight to my Junk file, so keep that in mind.
I wish I had spent the extra money for a large corner balcony room with a view of the Eiger. We had a lovely small room on the opposite side of the hotel, with a view of another mountain, but I wish I had not been so budget-conscious . Oh, well, there's always NEXT time.
Safe travels!

Posted by
121 posts

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

Thanks ,Carrie for the hotlink. I thought I was on their website but your link got me to the real one. I looked all over that website but never found a calendar. However, I was able to send an inquiry.

Pat, thanks for your suggestion of a larger room with a view. I definitely will take your advice.

Posted by
2672 posts

If u scroll down to book now, the calendar is to the right of the arrival date. Click to enter a date and the calendar will pop up bigger.

Posted by
4699 posts

Emily, remember to ask for the RS discount!!!

Posted by
647 posts

Emily,
I've been following your posts with interest, since we were in Switzerland in the fall. Last September we stayed 5 nights in Mürren at the Hotel Bellevue. We were originally planning on four nights, but then I read on the Hotel's website that a 5-night stay came with a FREE Schilthorn holiday pass; good for 5 nights; 6 days. We made several trips to the Schilthorn as well as to Allmenhubel. You might want to email Ruth, owner of the Bellevue, to see if that pass is being offered in 2022.
We requested a balcony room. Well, since we were staying for 5 nights, Ruth gave us a "free upgrade," for a corner room which consisted of a bedroom and living room and 2 balconies.

Posted by
427 posts

I hope Hotel Bellevue works out for you! We spent 5 days in Murren last August and rented an apartment since we were traveling with kids. We had a few dinners at Hotel Bellevue and the food and views were excellent. They were so lovely to us and even brought our kids blankets when it got chilly as we ate dinner on the terrace.