Please sign in to post.

Munich to Florence

We are planning a trip for May. My husband and I are planning to fly into Munich. We are wanting to visit Salzburg, Kings castles, Lake Como,
Cinque Terre, and end up in Florence. We will fly home from Florence. We would love to visit Interlaken., but not sure if it makes sense to geographically do on this trip. We would go there from Munich and then travel to Lake Como. Is this a good idea or do you have another suggestion?

Posted by
19647 posts

How much time do you have? With 5 destinations, you really need 3 nights at each to give you at least 2 full days. I'd also add one more night in Munich because you also want to cover Salzburg and Neuschwanstein. So that is 16 nights plus a full day traveling over.
May might be just a tad early for the Berner Oberland. Think of Interlaken as a town you need to travel to get to the high mountains.
Think about St Gallen, Switzerland, in a bit lower mountains. Its is also on the way between Munich and Varenna on Lake Como. You can use the railway over the Bernina Pass and even the actual Bernina Express train to Tirano, then a regional train to Varenna.
It's your trip, so if you want to get somewhere, plan for it. Just leave enough time along the way to really enjoy it.