Please sign in to post.

Luzern

I will be in Luzern beginning of June. I will be there for two nights. What are your must see?

Posted by
8464 posts

Go up one of the mountains, but do it as soon as you know it's good weather up on top. It might be when you first arrive, or the next morning. Your hotel can help advise. I think Pilatus was easiest. But that takes most of a day, and you only have one day. The other thing to do is take a cruise or ferry trip on the lake, with or without lunch.

Posted by
25 posts

Thanks for info. What is the best way to boat and train to Mt. Rigi? I’ll have a Swiss pass. Thanks

Posted by
2682 posts

With the Swiss Travel Pass, the entire journey to and from Rigi is free. There is no need to buy tickets. Just show your Pass when asked.

You would first take the ferry from Lucerne to Vitznau. For June, those times are 8:12, 9:12, 10:12 and so on, leaving from Pier 1 outside the train station. Double check the times on your exact day. Then from Vitznau, follow the crowds for the short walk to the train that will take you up to Rigi. Sit on the left side when looking in the direction the train will travel. The station at the top of Rigi is called Rigi Kulm. You can get of there or any other stop.

You can find additional info. here:

https://www.rigi.ch/en