Please sign in to post.

Lucerne/Emmenbrucke to Lauterbunnen/Weid 406

We will be headed from Lucerne to Lauterbunnen. Specifically Weid 406, 3822 Lauterbunnen. Staying in a cabin at Camping Jungfrau. I see some routes via bus and train. It looks like Lucerne depart rather than Emmenbrücke is better options, but confused in best last stop to get to final destination. I saw a stop at Interlaken Ost, but can’t tell if I’m doing the right final destination in SBB.
Any help appreciated!

Posted by
601 posts

You take the Luzern-Interlaken Express direct train from Luzern to Interlaken Ost, then R62 train from Interlaken Ost to Lauterbrunnen. From there it's a 17 minute walk to Camping Jungfrau or once you get to Lauterbrunnen you can take the bus (B141) for a couple minutes, get off at "Lauterbrunnen, Ey" and then it's a 9 minute walk.

Posted by
46 posts

@wanderweg is the express any different than the other SBB I’m seeing from lucern to Inter.
Just wanting to make sure I’m not missing out on a “faster” route with express.

Posted by
17284 posts

They are essentially the same in time. The hourly trains departing at :06 after each hour are all called the Luzern-Interlaken Panoramic Express, and take 1h 49 minutes to make the journey. This is a particular type of train, very new. There is a regional train departing at 13:55, and maybe other times, that makes fewer stops (5 instead of 8) but only shaves 3 minutes off the travel time, making it 1h 46 minutes.

Just take whichever one works for your schedule.