Arrive Switzerland May 2, depart May 6. My wife is mobile, but can only walk short distances at a time, uphill difficult, so no hiking or climbing. We therefore think trains our best option. Comments on that theory welcome. Draft itinerary:
- May 2 afternoon arrive and overnight in Zurich
- May 3 train to St Moritz…train not all day so need ideas for either before, during or after train ride. Overnight in St Moritz
- May 4 Glacier Express, getting off in Brig, where we stay overnight
- May 5, train to Montreux then Golden Express to Basle, where we stay overnight
- May 6 depart on river cruise
We won’t “experience” much but we see some of the scenery. Does this make sense? Any enhancement ideas? And, suggestions for which train pass to purchase. Thank you.