Please sign in to post.

Looking for Suggestions for 3-4 nights on Lake Geneva in 2023 mid-late September

We're doing a 14 day trip to Switzerland (we fell in love with Switzerland in 2021 !!) We will not rent a car. We will arrive early in the morning at the Geneva airport, and will want to drop off our bags at a hotel on the lake....and then take a stroll or possibly take a boat ride for the first night. Then off to the B.O. for 9 - 10 nights (Thank you for your suggestions). then back to Lake Geneva, and we'd like to stay in a different town/city for 2 - 3 nights and go to a vineyard for wine tasting...and more touring as time allows. (Then back to Geneva airport) Looking for suggestions for a city and hotel for the 1st night stay (with a hotel that will hold bags) on the water; and another city (and maybe a hotel suggestion) for 2 - 3 nights. We can afford about $200 - $250/night. Thank you so much! People have already suggested Vevey and Montreaux. Maybe Vevey for 1 night and Montreaux for 2-3? I'm looking for preferences for 1 night and 3 night stays. I thought it would be fun to try 2 different cities. And a vineyard to visit ? And after this I won't bother you! For awhile ;)

Posted by
2680 posts

Changing hotels for 1 night does not make sense since Vevey and Montreux are about 5 minutes apart by train.

Edited to add: Sorry, I misread that you want 1 night, then off to BO, then 2-3 nights. The hotel recommendations you preciously received still apply. Only you can decide which you’d prefer for the longer stay. Have you thought about heading directly to the BO after landing?

Most hotels will hold your bags.

Posted by
72 posts

Carrie: Yes, I read all your posts! Thank you. We will be getting off a 7 hour flight, and enjoy a short train ride and roaming streets of a new city for the afternoon. I think it's a couple hours to get to Murren or Wengen....and well, we're active, but we're around 70 years old, and feel that the rhythm of a relaxing day after a long flight and customs suits us. We loved the short train ride from Zurich to Lucerne!

Posted by
868 posts

3 nights - Lausanne. Various wineries along the lake in that area, within walking and local bus distance. Great lakefront walking even if you skip the "Olympic" hype. Some excellent art museums too.

Posted by
6914 posts

My parents stayed at Baron Tavernier in Chexbres this summer and absolutely loved it. It is in the middle of the vineyards, but with good train access (a few minutes to Vevey), and boasts great lake views (the lake is about 500 vertical feet below). Good restaurant on site.