Please sign in to post.

Lodging in Lucerne for 200$ or less

Any recommendations for lodging in Lucerne for $200 or less?

Posted by
8889 posts

I can't give any specific recommendations, but I know where I would start looking. The official Luzern tourist website: https://www.luzern.com/en/
If you click on "bookings" you can search by date, and filter by price. Prices start around CHF 150-200.

I don't know how much you mean by "$200", they use Franks not $ in Switzerland, and I don't know where you come from so I don't know what sort of $ you mean.

Posted by
5581 posts

When I was in Luzern, the Swiss Frank and USD were roughly equivalent although prices are a fair amount higher in Switzerland so your dollar doesn't go as far. We stayed at Drei Koenig. It was fairly reasonable, I think $129 ( I paid in USD on the hotels.com website) I was there, however, in January, so I assume prices are lower then. It isn't fancy, but its fairly well located in a nice neighborhood, our room and bath were large and clean and they have quite a nice breakfast included in the rate.

Posted by
124 posts

Jeunefille86,

First let me say I have not been to Lucerne yet. We are going soon, so I too have recently been looking for hotels as well. Everything is Switzerland is just more expensive. That has been the case every-time and everywhere I have been in Switzerland. However, I have never regretted going. It's a lovely place to visit. You are going to have a hard time finding a regular hotel for this price. I didn't find any. We eventually reserved the Barabas Hostel, its an old converted prison for 160 CHF per night without breakfast. They even call the rooms cells. It looks very spartan but in the old town. Again I haven't stayed there, yet. If you must be below this number check this place out.

https://www.barabas-luzern.ch/homeen
Let us know if you find something better.

Good Luck hotel hunting, and I Hope you have a Great Trip!

Posted by
32206 posts

jeune,

You didn't say whether you require a single room, double room or whatever? You might check THIS hotel in Lucerne as it's very comfortable and in a good location within easy walking distance to the river and rail station. As I recall, they don't have A/C but will provide a fan on request.

As others have mentioned, be sure to budget accordingly as Switzerland is expensive!

Posted by
16260 posts

When you ask for help finding a hotel at a certain price, it is important to give the exact dates ( because prices can vary from day to day) and the number of people.

Nevertheless, I took a stab and picked a random date in May (12/5) to check the price of a double room at Hotel Stern, which I know to be moderately priced. The prepaid non-refundable rate for a double room with breakfast is 190 CHF. F you do not wish to prepay the regular rate is 210.

And Chris F has a good point about specifying the price in the local currency, not in $. While the US dollar is pretty much at par with the Swiss franc, the Canadian and Australian dollars are not.

And then there is the much lower-value Argentine peso, which also uses the $ sign.

Posted by
7209 posts

Search AirBnB for properties that match your requirements.

Posted by
15 posts

Hi there! We plan to spend three nights in Lucerne the first week of March. I have not booked yet, but I am pretty sure that I will book at https://www.hotel-central-luzern.com/en/Rooms . I was finding rates of $158/night for two people including breakfast. Payment required up front but could be cancelled (I have an elderly dog that we will cancel our trip if she is not well). This was not booking with the hotel direct, but through a third party site.

Also, yes, I know they use Swiss fancs, but since the exchange rate is about even, I just keep saying dollars.

I hope this helps!

Posted by
1626 posts

Last week I booked three nights at Ambassador Luzern on booking.com for $437 (less than 150/night) for mid April.

Posted by
81 posts

I also booked at Hotel Central Lucerne, but in July it’s $244 a night with breakfast, I found several places under $200 at Airbnb with queen beds, but needed twin or king, thus didn’t book through them.

Posted by
4154 posts

Have you tried using Booking.com? You can do your basic search, then refine it in lots of different ways. By clicking on the menu lines, you can get to settings and choose your language and currency. I like to use the currency of the country, but you can flip back and forth between USD and CHF.

You can refine by price range, type of lodging, review score and much more. I never bother with the stars partly because they aren't used for all the kinds of lodgings listed, but mostly because the review score is more about quality as reported by people who actually stayed there.

Have fun researching places to stay. You may find more than you expect below your price limit. BTW, Booking.com has apartment listings as well as hotels, B&Bs, etc.