Please sign in to post.

Lauterbrunnen

Hello fellow Alps fans,
We will be staying in Lauterbrunnen and have a few just a few days to tour the area.

First we will have from about 4;00 the first day until bedtime and I'm guessing that will be getting settled in at our Airbnb and then walking through Lauterbrunnen and having dinner.
Second day , I thought a great day trip would be up to Interlaken and ferry to Brienz, scenic train back to Interlaken and then head back to Lauterbrunnen.

We will have another full day for a day trip.
I'm thinking that Murren would be great to get to paraglide and spend part of the day there,
--- but where to for the other 1/2 of that day?

Any suggestions on all of this would be awesome : )

Posted by
8474 posts

Have you heard of the Schilthorn? That's what you do from Mürren. Go up there first.

Posted by
284 posts

I would just stay there and maybe hike up the valley or go to Wengen or Murren instead of Interlaken. You will not wan to leave Lauterbrunnen Valley.

Posted by
1447 posts

you need to spend your first day going up higher into the valley as others have said. If you're going to Murren the 2nd day why not go up the other side of the valley the 1st day. Take the train to Wengen then the gondola up to Mannlichen and if you're up to it hike to Klein Schiedegg and take the train all the way back down to Lauterbrunnen.

Posted by
58 posts

Hubby and I enjoyed the hike (walk) up to Stubbach Waterfall. It did not take too much time since we were staying in Lauterbrunnen. We had a paraglide trip planned, but it was cancelled due to fog. It you want to paraglide, be flexible.