Please sign in to post.

Itinerary help please!

Hi everyone! We are planning a 10 day trip to Switzerland from Texas and I'm looking for some suggestions. Our itinerary (dates) is below and I realize it's a lot, but we're trying to get as many sights in as we can! This is our first trip without our kids since we've had them so we are really excited! Thanks in advance!
Day 1 - Fly into Zurich and take train to Hotel Villa Honegg. We're staying at that hotel for 2 nights.
Day 2 - Ennetbürgen (Hotel Villa Honegg)
Day 3 - Ennetbürgen to Grindelwald
Day 4 & 5 - Grindelwald
Day 6 - Grindelwald to Zermatt
Day 7 - Zermatt
Day 8 - Zermatt to Chur (Actually going to Furstenau)
Day 9 - Chur/Furstenau
Day 10 - Depart Zurich

We realize this is a lot, but we're trying to figure out activities for Ennetbürgen, Grindelwald and Zermatt. Here are some of our ideas.
Ennetburgen - Hike to Hammetschwand Lift; Spa at Hotel Honegg; dinner at Bürgenstock resort. My husband thinks we can go to Mt. Pilatus, but I'm reading it's going to take us a long time and practically a full day to do this.
Grindelwald - Lauterbrunnen Valley (would like to go to Murren or Wengen during this time too); Stauchach Falls; First Cliff Walk and Lake Balchalpsee
Zermatt - Can't decide between the Mountain Glacier Express (I think that's what it's called) or the Gornergrat Bahn. Taking the Glacier Express to Chur.
Chur/Furstenau - Staying at the Schloss Schauenstein and doing the dinner there for my 40th birthday! Yay! Think we'll go to Chur and visit the town and eat lunch.

Are there any suggestions/tips for things we should or shouldn't do? I'm totally open to anything because there appears to be so much to do and I'm overwhelmed!

Thank you so so much!

Posted by
5503 posts

It looks like a good first start. Or even better than a first start. For BO/Lauterbrunnen Valley, where you stay depends on what you are looking for. I thought Grindelwald was less picturesque and more touristy, but I can see why people would like it for the availability of shops, inns and restaurants. I stayed in the Lauterbrunnen Valley and loved it. It is gorgeous and very convenient to transportation around BO. Lots of people on the forum like to stay IN the mountains at Murren or Wengen. Those small, car less villages are lovely, too. For a very quiet/rustic experience, look at Gimmewald.

I don't see Luzern. I thought Luzern was amazing with so much to offer. It's on a beautiful river and lake and surrounded by mountains.