Please sign in to post.

Itinerary help

I originally thought I'd have lots of time but now decisions are feeling more difficult. Please help with our itinerary. We arrive from Paris on July 8th. Can arrive by train wherever makes sense. Need to be in Zurich for one night on July 9th (hotel already booked for Taylor Swift concert). Need to return to Paris from anywhere on July 12th to stay there before our flight home on July 13th. We want to see: black nosed sheep near Zermatt, Gornergrat, Glacier Paradise/Ride; Grindewald first flyer and mountain cart, cliff walk; and Schilthorn James Bond. I'd like to wander Lucerne and Wengen. I know the train between places is amazing, but I can't figure out where the best base would be for those activities, or if we should stay in a different place each night on July 8th, 10th, and 11th. Is this too much to do? What should be skipped? Thank you for your advice!!

Posted by
4719 posts

I'm confused- where are you July 8?
Best to book that last hotel night in Paris asap. The Olympics are coming.....
You really don't have much time, I'd suggest you prioritize your list to the top two destinations.
Zermatt is too far out, so eliminate that.
Perhaps stay in Lucerne and go up to Mt Rigi. Your wish list is just too big right now, it boggles my mind for the amount of time you have.
Taylor Swift concert- lucky you, enjoy!
Have a great trip.

Posted by
48 posts

I agree that the list is too much. Consider Paris to Lucerne the 8th and leave in the afternoon of the 9th to Zurich. Two nights in Wengen - First Mountain (walk to the lake) and Jungfraujoch as both are out of Grindelwald. You can take the train from Wengen to Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch and take the Eiger Express cable car to Grindelwald. Schilthorn James Bond was the least impressive attraction of my trip. Cheaper but seemed the most rundown compared to the attractions associated with Jungfrau region group. There water falls and gorge walks in Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen. Visit Murren to view of the big mountains ii time permits.