Please sign in to post.

Itinerary advice needed

We have 10-12 days to spend in Switzerland. In late May 2020. We will be arriving by train to Lugano in late afternoon. We’ll have 2 nights there then train to Luzern. How many nights do we need there? I’m wondering if we should go to Appenzell...is it worth our time? From Luzern we’ll go to Murren via the Golden Pass and spend 3-4 nights. We haven’t purchased our return flight yet so that is why our time is flexible. I’m open to any suggestions at this point! Prior to entering Switzerland we will be traveling with a global flex pass. Does that pass work just like the Swiss pass in Switzerland?

Posted by
4058 posts

I would spend 3 nights in Lucerne. That gives you a full day there and a day for a trip to Mt. Rigi or Pilatus. Then spend 4 nights in Murren.

Posted by
57 posts

We had two fabulous weeks in Switzerland in September (in between Iceland, Italy, France and London), and I just posted a few reports on highlights, surprises and tips for your consideration.

We did 5 nights in Wengen and 3 in Murren and that was about perfect to enjoy the mountains fully. We never made it down to the lakes!

You might look at Zermatt as well for the Matterhorn. But give yourself a few nights: we were there three nights and the mountain was clear for about 4 hours!

Enjoy.

Posted by
6 posts

You could consider to stay 3 nights at Mount Rigi For your Lucerne stay and explore lake, Lucerne and Rigi from there. Lucerne is eg from Mittlerschwanden a 1h boat trip. In case you prefer to stay outside the city and with a great view.