Please sign in to post.

Interlaken to Jungfrau

Hi guys I need some advice about the good morning ticket from interlaken to Jungfrau.
How can I book this ticket? Do I need reservations for this or I can go straight to the station and buy it straight over the counter.
Your advice on this will be much appreciated.
Thank you

Posted by
16893 posts

It is sold over the counter, which allows you to check the weather before buying. It's not worth the money to go all the way up if the view is not clear. I heard about Jungfrau tickets selling out some days this month, in the peak of July tourism, but that won't be the case for your trip in October.

Posted by
4385 posts

If you're more comfortable, pop into the station the night before and buy the ticket. But not before asking the ticket agent if you should wait instead.

There are lots of places to check out the coming weather before you head up into the mountains.

Posted by
35 posts

Thanks Laura and Phred, appreciate ur advice.
Phred cud u plz advice on what other places are there to see as u mentioned above because this is the first time we t going and we want to make the most out of it. We are staying 3 nights in interlaken.
Thank you

Posted by
139 posts

Well, I'm not Phred, but the other side of the valley has some pretty good sights as well.

We took the cable cars from Stechelberg to the Schilthorn and enjoyed it mightily. The views of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau (a lot of clouds that day did block the view a bit) as well as just the overall views of the surrounding mountains were wonderful. And visiting the villages along the way (Murren and Gimmelwald) was equally wonderful. The entire cable car trip only takes 25 minutes or so - so there was plenty of time in the day for us to spend hours at each successive locale.

We purchased the tickets at the valley floor station in Stechelberg the day of the trip after checking the summit webcams from our B&B in Interlaken to make sure the weather was good ( about $100 US each if my memory is correct).

Posted by
4385 posts

phred agrees with Bruce, we did the same trip the same way. I kept checking weather websites to confirm that the day we wanted to go to the Schilthorn would be uncloudy and not too cold; I also checked out their webcam that morning to confirm. It all went swimmingly.

Just be aware that you'll be rather quickly rising to an altitude of 10,000 feet and then descending again. That can be a shock to the system.