Please sign in to post.

Interlaken, Switzerland

My husband and I are traveling in Europe and want to spend a couple of nights in Interlaken. Any suggestions on places to stay that are nice but not too expensive? I've read some reviews on hotels there and have been having a hard time choosing. Also, any suggestions on sights to see in the area.

Posted by
7644 posts

Sandy, just a clarifying question. Are you planning to do activities specifically in Interlaken, or are you using it as a base to go see the Jungfrau mountains/hiking?

Posted by
2 posts

We want to stay in Interlaken and use it as a base for day hikes in the area. We will be arriving by train around 7pm on September 15th and leaving for Bern on September 18th. So we really have only 2 full days to enjoy the area.

Posted by
7644 posts

Thanks for that quick reply. The hotels that I could recommend are in nearby Wengen which is up in the midst of the gorgeous views & hiking. But, unfortunately, I am no help for good places to stay at Interlaken.

Posted by
169 posts

Also look at hotels in Unterseen, a quieter suburb of Interlaken West, away from main street hubbub.
Sorry, I normally stay in area apartments, not hotels, so no suggestions.

Posted by
70 posts

It has been a couple of years since I stayed a week in Interlaken. The apartment was near the west train station. There were several close that looked to be popular. I would imagine the same is near Interlaken Ost station too. You could stay at the hotel that was founded in 1491.

I had great pizza in Unterseen and a super burger near the bridge to Harder Klum.