Please sign in to post.

Hotels near Zurich Airport

Greetings,

We are flying out of Zurich Airport at the end of our Swiss Tour in mid-September. Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel near the airport with shuttle service—or within easy walking distance—to the airport? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Posted by
3099 posts

The Radisson Blu is in the airport terminal. All you do is go downstairs to check in for your flight. But it may be expensive.

Posted by
266 posts

Just booked the Hotel Wartmann in Winterthur for Sept ($143 for a double) 5 min walk from train station and frequent trains to airport -15 min ride and good reviews on booking.com. Stayed in Luzern before but train over an hour and hotel near airport but waits for their shuttle too long & rates higher.

Posted by
16276 posts

Winterthur is a great idea! Travel time to the airport is comparable to Zurich, but Winterthur hotels are less expensive.

Posted by
4705 posts

If you don't have a morning flight,
I'd stay in Lucerne or Bern, and take the fast and efficient train to the airport. We have done that in the past and it works out quite well. Where are you coming from?
If you have a morning flight , you can stay in old town Zurich. The airport is a 10-15 min train ride from the old town. Since we have Marriott points, we like the Marriott right on the river, with a great view of the town, 10 min walk to the train station.
Safe travels!

Posted by
272 posts

If all you are looking for is a place to sleep the night before and have access to local
dining, there are lots of reasonably priced places in the Opfikon/Glattbrugg area just
south of the airport. The 762 or 768 buses will get you to/from the airport in 7 minutes.

Other hotels are along the 10 or 12 tram line, same idea.

There are also a couple of Hyatt's on airport grounds across the street from the terminal,
but those are often pretty expensive.

Posted by
10 posts

Hyatt Place in the Circle is right at the airport. Expensive (don’t plan to eat bkfst there, CHF 35 per person) but extremely comfortable and convenient. You simply walk to the terminal, 5 minutes. The hotel is close to MANY other eateries, including the ones on the shopping level of the airport. We enjoyed the luxury after a two week on the go vacation.

Posted by
32209 posts

You could also stay in Zürich the night prior to your flight, as it's only about 10 minutes from there to the airport. I believe this is the hotel I stayed at on my last visit, although they've changed the name - https://fredhotels.ch/en/fred-hotel-zurich-hauptbahnhof/ . It's right across from the main station, and many of the local tours leave from a lot right across from the hotel.

Posted by
45 posts

I just stayed at the Zurich Hilton near the airport. They have a shuttle for $6 and is a nice hotel.

Posted by
2 posts

I was thinking about the Hyatt at the Circle near the airport so I can walk to the airport, does anybody know if safety is a concern at 4:30 AM? Another option is the Hilton but the shuttle doesn't start until 5:00 AM. I have a 7:00 AM flight. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Posted by
16276 posts

If you wish to walk to the airport departure area, why not stay at the Radisson Blu, which is actually inside the airport terminal?

Posted by
201 posts

We moved to the Radisson Blu from the Zurich Hilton due to the shuttle situation. We are 10 adults with a 9:50 UA flight. We had hoped to get to the Hilton late morning the day before via train from Wengen, leave our bags and venture into Zurich for the afternoon and evening. I emailed the HIlton for clarification regarding the shuttle and the reply listing the hours of operation to/from ZRH did not fit our plans. We were also concerned that the shuttle might not have enough room for our group the morning we need to be at the airport. The Radisson Blu was more expensive, but the convenience and savings of not having to take the shuttle at CHF6 per person per ride, or taxi at CHF 17 (per the Hilton) offset some of the difference.