Please sign in to post.

hotel in Zurich,

..looking for a hotel in Zurich, end of Sept ;
Old Town/ pedestrian zone looks like good area; opinions?
moderate price, ( < $300) , non-tourist hotel .

Thanks!

Posted by
291 posts

A few weeks ago, we stayed in Hotel Marta, within walking distance from the train station, in the Old Town. Convenient, modern, pleasant staff, adequate cold breakfast buffet included. Reasonable rates. We had a triple, and paid less than 200CHF/night through website: Hotelmarta.ch

Posted by
171 posts

Look at Hotel Bristol. Stayed there a few weeks ago. Few minutes walk from train station. Lovely staff, very helpful! Get a discount using Rick Steves name! wwwhotelbristol.ch.

Posted by
32212 posts

Jan,

It's not exactly in the "old town", but I stayed at Hotel Walhalla and thought that was a good choice. It's located right across from the main station, so very convenient for transportation. There's a Tram stop right outside the front door, many local tours leave from the parking lot across from the hotel, and it's easy walking distance to many of the sites. There's also easy access to the Rail City shopping mall only a few steps from the hotel.

The room was clean and very modern, the staff were wonderfully helpful and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. One of the desk clerks came across the street with me and helped to book my city tour, which I thought was very nice.

Posted by
8383 posts

Hotel Alexander was good. grocery store next door. Walking distance to so many places and has AC. Request a room away from the street.