Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Murren

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Murren? Someplace close to the train station. An excellent veiw would be nice.

Posted by
16895 posts

Muerren is quite small, so it only takes about 10 minutes to walk the full length of the town along the paved road. Most hotels do have excellent views, but may have a few rooms on the "wrong" side, so confirm when booking.

Posted by
2758 posts

Hotel Eiger is fantastic, but not a budget option. It's right above the train station, and the views (if you choose a room with one) are fabulous. Many other hotels have equally great views, and it's really easy to walk to them on the paved pedestrian-only street.

Posted by
32310 posts

Demetrius,

I've never stayed at this one, but another hotel that has great views from the front side is the Hotel Alpina (it's perched right on the edge of a steep bank). It's also close to the station.

Posted by
7209 posts

The whole area is one big postcard. Even if your hotel doesn't have a particular view all you'll have to do is step out the front door and you'll be in the middle of a spectacular 360 degree view.

Posted by
2153 posts

Hi Demetrius, I stayed at the Hotel Jungfrau - had a nice little balcony with a fantastic view. The entire area is beautiful. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
8784 posts

Another vote for the Hotel Jungfrau. The view from my balcony room was amazing. Most hotels (Hotel Jungfrau included) will come to the station to help you with your luggage if you feel walking to the hotel with it is too much.

Posted by
11631 posts

I'm with Ken: Hotel Alpina was fabulous and not a bad price for the area.

Posted by
810 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Alpina and had a valley side room. The view from our balcony was simply fantastic. The price was reasonable, it is near the train station for whatever that is worth. We also had a very pleasant sinner in their dinning room again with a valley side table.

Posted by
7209 posts

Yes, if you're looking for the utmost of views with a very reasonable price then the Hotel Alpina is my top recommendation. The rooms are a little dated (doesn't bother me).